Website Accessibility Training
If your organization is ready to do the right thing by getting into compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, or any other local, state, or federal accessibility laws, Civic Webmasters offers online staff training to help you meet the standards.
In addition to correcting any website compliance deficiencies your public website might have, we recommend the following:
- Provide website accessibility training to all appropriate personnel who are responsible for developing, loading, maintaining, or auditing web content and functionality.
- If your organization website is being audited or investigated, you are also required to provide documentation that training has been delivered, along with a list of attendees and the training they have received.
Now, for only $249 per year,* your organization can purchase an annual subscription to our written and video training, covering topics like “understanding website accessibility” and how to create accessible, compliant documents in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Google Docs, InDesign, Adobe Pro (PDFs), and video captioning. (*Training is free for Civic Webmasters’ website management clients.)
Website Accessibility Training Features
A few of the features included in the accessibility training include the following:
- Website accessibility training on the basics of what website accessibility is, who benefits, why it is important, and how assistive technologies are used by those with disabilities
- Individual training for creating accessible documents in programs like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Stationery, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign
- Training for creating video captions for YouTube videos
- Handy, downloadable checklists for your staff members to reference as they create new documents
- Ability to run tracking reports for administrators to document training for all staff
We offer this service free of charge to all Civic Webmasters clients. Non-client organizations are welcome to access this training as well for $249 per year. The training can be utilized by as many people within your organization as necessary.
To sign up for access, just complete the ADA Training Access form below.