Website Accessibility Services
In addition to beautifully designed responsive websites with intuitive navigation and professional copywriting, all of Civic Webmasters websites are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. This means you won’t be excluding anyone from having access to your organization’s website.
All Websites Should Meet ADA Website Compliance Standards
If you are required to comply to Section 504 and/or 508 of the Rehabilitation Act or any other local, state, or federal accessibility laws, we’ve got you covered. If you are not sure which laws you need to comply with, we strongly recommend contacting your attorney for accurate legal advice. Additionally, you can view a list of resources and links to laws and policies for individual states posted by the U.S. General Services Administration.
Regardless of whether or not you are bound by the law, at Civic Webmasters, we believe having a website that is accessible to all, regardless of ability, is just the right thing to do.
How We Maintain an ADA-Compliant Civic Website
Having a website designed with accessibility in mind is only the beginning. The trickier part is keeping your website accessible day in and day out, including attachments and downloads that meet WCAG 2.1 standards.
It begins during the development phase of your new website project. We observe WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards. By meeting these standards, we help you have an ADA-compliant website and fulfill Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. To make this happen, here are some of the typical steps we follow:
- We develop your website with navigation that allows assistive technology, like screen readers, used by those with disabilities to access your school website. For example, the visually impaired can use their keyboard for all navigation, instead of having to rely on a mouse.
- We design your website with color contrast in mind to ensure that your site adheres to ADA best practices.
- We provide Alt Text for all images (oh, and our images are also royalty-free, so you won’t get in trouble for copyright infringement, which is another legal landmine). Alt Text helps the user understand all the information on the page—not just the text.
- We have fully trained staff to manage all daily website updates so your school website will remain ADA compliant.
- If you need us to, we can even help you keep all of your PDF documents and videos compliant, either by providing training to your staff or by doing the work for you (for an additional fee).
Get More for Less
For as low as a $2150 one-time design and development fee, you will have a mobile-friendly, ADA-compliant website for your civic or municipal organization. Then, for only $149 per month, our professionals manage all your daily updates, quality control, proofing, and ADA accessibility compliance, and we’ll even make recommendations regarding public relations, communications, and marketing to improve your public communication. To learn more or to request a quote, contact us today at 888-750-4556. Do it today, before an audit!