Our Civic Websites
At Civic Webmasters, we understand your civic or municipality’s website needs. Your organization’s website is the key feature in a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy, and Civic Webmasters offers the only full support services of its kind. We can help your website work harder for you by providing the communication and recruitment results it should.
When it comes to your online communication needs, Civic Webmasters might just be your best solution. Beyond the typical civic website design, you’ll get partners to help you manage your new web pages day in and day out.
How It Works
Unlike other website providers, we will make this whole process as painless as possible for you. Once you’ve selected Civic Webmasters, we will schedule a phone conference with you and your dedicated project coordinator (PC). She/he will find out what you need and then assign a team of experts to get started. Your team will include:
- A copywriter (who will let your PC know if she needs any additional information from you) to write website content that is informative, inviting, and accurate. She will also develop a sitemap to be sure we accomplish your site goals.
- A graphic designer to make whatever level of website you select look professional, be uniquely branded for your school, and have intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
- A layout team (this will include folks from the user interface team, content layout, and graphics layout teams) to make sure everything fits together seamlessly whether your site is viewed from a desktop computer or a mobile phone.
- Proofers and editors to make sure the content and images are correct, the links work, and there are no errors or typos on the new site.
- ADA compliance folks to make sure your new civic website meets all website accessibility standards. This means it will be WCAG 2.0 compliant. They assure that all your images have Alt Text, colors and images pass color contrast standards, your site is navigable without a mouse, and many other requirements (in 16 different categories).
- Once you’ve approved the final product, we will help you take your new website live. We’ll even provide you with a sample press release (or we can help you write one) so you can show off your beautiful new site to your community.
- Then we provide as many of your staff as you allow easy access to our team of dedicated website updaters. These guys and gals will get all that information, news, photos, videos, calendar items, newsletters, and whatever else you care to send in, onto the website. We’ll not only get the information where it belongs (a newsletter might have a few news articles, some upcoming events, reminders to your community, awards, staff/community recognition, etc.), which will all be placed in the most advantageous spot on your new site, but if we see a way to get more communications mileage out of something you send in, we’ll make some recommendations about how we can do that (with your permission, of course. YOU are the boss of us). We can even help you turn an event into an engaging story. If we manage your social media, we will then integrate all the news and events there as well. If you need public relations support, on the ground, we’ll hire and manage a part-time person for that too.
- Oh, and then the Quality Control team does ongoing quality control checks, just to be sure there are no broken links, no outdated information on the site, and that the various mobile views remain still pristine.
Nope! We weren’t kidding when we said we’ll make it easy for you. If you select one of the many CMS providers, here is what you can expect:
- A website template/design (and maybe they will migrate your existing content to the new site, sometimes for an additional fee). This means that unless you rewrite and organize your website from scratch, if you had old, outdated, or disorganized information there before, you will again. Some of our clients have called this “putting lipstick on a pig.” Not a good thing, so don’t go there!
- You might receive some training (which you will probably pay for, by the way).
That’s it! You are on your own. All updates, strategy, ADA compliance, selecting royalty free images, proofing, editing, quality control, training, etc. requires using your staff (at their hourly wages or stipends) and whatever skill sets they may or may not have for website management, communications, public relations, or marketing.
Or, maybe you’ll let us do all of this for as low as $179 per month. If this sounds interesting, we hope you’ll give us a call today at 888-750-4556 and ask for Jim or request a no pressure quote.